Why Should you pre-plan?
Many people plan by putting away money to buy a home, to pay for their children’s education, or to live on during retirement. Why plan for these life events? It helps ease your mind and your family’s minds because you have already made decisions about what lies ahead. Planning also helps ease the financial burden of these life milestones.
Many people may not know that their funeral is another life milestone that can be prepared for in advance. Preplanning for your funeral involves putting down in writing your wishes about your funeral service and making, and possibly paying for, all other necessary funeral arrangements. In this way, you can be assured that the funeral decisions do not fall to your surviving family members. Blackmer Funeral Home can help guide you and your family plan through this process.
Pre-planning your funeral can:
- Allow you the time you need to make careful choices about your funeral and eliminate emotional overspending.
- Make sure that the funeral service decisions are not totally left to your family. This can help your family avoid uncertainty and conflict at the time of your death.
- Ensure that all of your funeral service wishes are carried out.
- Provide peace of mind because you are leaving your affairs in order.
- You may have your own reasons why you want to preplan and prefund your funeral.
Blackmer Funeral Home can assist you with any and all decisions concerning advanced funeral planning.
Please contact Blackmer Funeral Home to initiate discussion of pre-planning services.
We are a full disclosure funeral home, which means we will answer any questions you may have regarding our services. It is our goal to provide you with information, services and products that will produce satisfying results for you in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.
Blackmer Funeral Home is also your point of contact when handling aftercare for a friend or family member.
We can also help you with contacts for grief support and counseling.